Hope this post finds you in good health and spirit.
This post is about Internet Explorer Maintenance settings that are no more available in group policy.
The Internet Explorer Maintenance (IEM) settings have been deprecated in favor of Group Policy Preferences, Administrative Templates (.admx), and the IE Administration Kit 11 (IEAK 11).
Because of this change, your IEM-configured settings will no longer work on computers running Internet Explorer 10 or newer. To fix this, you need to update the affected settings using Group Policy Preferences, Administrative Templates (.admx), or IE Administration Kit 11 (IEAK 11).
Because Group Policy Preferences and IEAK 11 run using asynchronous processes, you should choose to use only one of the tools within each group of settings. For example, using only IEAK 11 in the Security settings or Group Policy Preferences within the Internet Zone settings. Also, it’s important to remember that policy is enforced and can’t be changed by the user, while preferences are configured, but can be changed by the user.
For more information about all of the new options and Group Policy, see:
- Group policy preferences and Internet Explorer 11
- Administrative templates and Internet Explorer 11
- Internet Explorer Administration Kit 11 (IEAK 11) – Administration Guide for IT Pros
- Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows and Windows Server
- Group Policy ADMX Syntax Reference Guide
- Enable and Disable Settings in a Preference Item
So, that’s all in this blog. I will meet you soon with next stuff .Have a nice day !!!
Guys please don’t forget to like and share the post. You can also share the feedback on below windows techno email id.