Hope this post finds you in good health and spirit.
This post is regarding how we can create Create Bootable Pendrive using CMD
Sometimes bootable pendrive is also referred to as bootable USB. It is a disk that can boot up your computer if you don’t have any operating system. i.e. a standalone storage which can boot up your computer.
Steps to Create Bootable Pendrive using CMD
CMD is available on all of the windows computers, so you would not have to worry about downloading any new package or software to make your pendrive bootable. It is a bit lengthy process but it traditional method and always works:
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Connect your pendrive to your computer.
- Type disk part and press enter.
- Type list disk and press enter. This will list all the storage device available on your computer.
- Choose your pendrive. For that type select disk 1 and press enter.
- Type clean and press enter. This will erase all data from your pendrive.
- Type create partition primary and press enter
- Type select partition 1 and press enter. This will choose the partition we just created
- Type format=fs NTFS quick and press enter. This will perform a quick format with the NTFS file system.
- Type active and press enter. This will mark your primary partition as active
- Type exit and press enter to exit disk part and then close the command prompt.
- Now copy all the data from Windows installation disk to your pendrive.
Now your pendrive is bootable having desired windows installation.
So, that’s all in this blog. I will meet you soon with next stuff .Have a nice day !!!
Guys please don’t forget to like and share the post. You can also share the feedback on below windows techno email id.