67. What Is Online Defragmentation In Active Directory?
Answer-Online Defragmentation method that runs as part of the garbage collection process. The only advantage to this method is that the server does not need to be taken offline for it to run. However, this method does not shrink the Active Directory database file (Ntds.dit).
68. What is Ads Database Garbage Collection Process?
Answer-Garbage Collection is a process that is designed to free space within the Active Directory database. This process runs independently on every DC with a default lifetime interval of 12 hours.
69. Define Res1.log And Res2.log?
Answer-This is reserved transaction log files of 20 MB (10 MB each) which provides the transaction log files enough room to shutdown if the other spaces are being used.
70. What is Domain Information In Active Directory?
Answer-Object information for a domain. Replicates to all DCs within a domain. The object portion becomes part of GC. The attribute values only replicates within the domain.
71. What is Lightweight Directory Access Protocol?
Answer-LDAP is the directory service protocol that is used to query and update AD. LDAP naming paths are used to access AD objects and include the following:
Relative Distinguished names
72. How Will You Verify Whether The Ad Installation Is Proper With Srv Resource Records?
Answer-Verify SRV Resource Records: After AD is installed, the DC will register SRV records in DNS when it restarts. We can check this using DNS MMC or nslookup command.
73. What is Ntds.dit?
Answer-This is the AD database and stores all AD objects. Default location is SystemRoot%ntdsNTDS.DIT.
Active Directory’s database engine is the Extensible Storage Engine which is based on the Jet database and can grow up to 16 TB.
74. What is Ntds.dit Schema Table?
Answer-The types of objects that can be created in the Active Directory, relationships between them, and the attributes on each type of object. This table is fairly static and much smaller than the data table.
75. What is The Difference Between Domain Admin Groups And Enterprise Admins Group In Ad?
76. Enterprise Admin Group :
Members of this group have complete control of all domains in the forest By default, this group belongs to the administrators group on all domain controllers in the forest As such this group has full control of the forest, add users with caution
Domain Admin Group :
Members of this group have complete control of the domain By default, this group is a member of the administrators group on all domain controllers, workstations and member servers at the time they are linked to the domain As such the group has full control in the domain, add users with caution
- Active Directory (AD) Interview Questions and Answers- Part-1
- Active Directory (AD) Interview Questions and Answers- Part-3
- Active Directory (AD) Interview Questions and Answers- Part-2
- Active Directory (AD) Interview Questions and Answers- Part-5
If you have any questions feel free to contact me on email@example.com also follow me on facebook @windowstechno to get updates about new blog posts.