Improvements in Windows Server 2012
- It is ready to be integrated with cloud systems and it still can maintain the classic features of local datacenters as a result Hyper-V Virtualization has new features Hyper-v replicas, it allows you to create virtual machines replications between clusters and storage systems.
- The Storage migration virtual disks can be moved to different physical storage, Virtual machine snapshots. virtual machines can be deleted from the Hyper-v and also from the virtual disks and it can be used directly without the need to shut down the virtual machine.
- The Core server installation easily switches to GUI installation without the need of reinstallation.
- The file server and storage service improvement is that it eliminates identical copies in the same volumes as such and saves space.
- The Storage pools and storage spaces allows you to group the hard disks to one or more storage pools. then it allows to create virtual disks. It can add other disks to the storage pools and make available to the users without impacting them.
- The iSCSI Target Server can offer block storage to other servers and applications on the network using the iSCSI standard.
- Active Directory cloning can deploy additional domain controllers by cloning an existing virtual domain controller.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me on email@example.com also follow me on facebook @windowstechno to get updates about new blog posts.